Meet the Pilot, a reliable and durable backpack that will handle your gear mile after mile without killing your stride. With this one, you’re going places.
Trusty, true and ready to roll with all the adventures you can dream up, the Pilot backpack is a loyal companion. This backpack won’t weigh you down and can keep up with you on the trail holding more than just the essentials. The simple style, neutral tones and just-right size make it easy for a girl or a guy to wear without question.
The Pilot boasts all the great organizational essentials from our removable and adjustable dividers, to a wallet organizer pocket, not to mention a large laptop compartment (up to 15”). It has all you need with options to expand or minimize depending on what you need to carry. The inside drawstring closure lets you cinch the bag in size and the exterior leather flap lets you get in and out of the bag with ease thanks to the two magnetic straps. The Pilot can stand up on its own easily.
Unlike most of our bags, this has a top cover for the padded dividers allowing you to make a flat surface to pack more things on top of it. Or, remove all the dividers and fit even more inside this versatile backpack. The Pilot has built in padding on both the sides and the bottom of the bag in case of an emergency landing. This is our bag with the most full grain leather throughout. Although that may mean more scuffs and character, it is very durable and will only get more handsome with age. Called by some as their “favorite bag they’ve ever owned,” the pilot is like a smooth flight with an early arrival.
Made with durable canvas and Full grain leather.
**This leather scuffs easily, but we like character and natural markings after our leather has been used. Would you call someone damaged or flawed if they had wrinkles? ‘nuff said. **
13" L x 11.5" W x 17" H
Dimensions, Gear & What you Get:
Overall measures 13" L x 11.5" W x 17" H
Weight: 4.3 lbs
Antique Brass Hardware
Storage & Pockets:
- 4 Padded & adjustable dividers (with velcro) with 6 slots, removable from bag
- Front large wallet organizer pocket, includes Credit Card and CF slots (9” x 11”)
- Interior Zipper Pocket (7" x 6")
- 2 - interior envelope pockets (3.5" x 5")
- Interior Laptop Compartment (holds up to a 15”)
Gear Notes From Kelly:
- Cut the Bulk - Photography backpacks tend to be stiff and oversized with too many bells and whistles. This is a happy medium with all the essentials you’ll need for gear and compartments to organize without the ugly bulk.
- Easy Carry & Hands Free - The padded backpack straps are easy & comfortable to wear all day even if you have your bag packed out with gear; it’s a great choice for those of you with bad backs because it distributes weight nice and evenly.
- Lens - Fits up to a 13" (spaces to hold 6 lenses)
- Camera - Holds a pro camera body or standard body + grip OR a camera body with lens attached
- Bottles - Water bottles & baby bottles fit well (can hold up to 6)
- Laptop & Tablet - will hold several sizes of laptops up to a 15" Macbook Pro inside the laptop compartment larger laptops may fit alongside the padded dividers + most sized tablets.
Straps & Accessories:
- Adjustable and padded backpack straps (37" Length)
- Top Handle / Grab Strap (3” Strap drop)
- Divider wrap cover. When used makes a flat surface to pack more on top of your dividers
Shipping & Returns:
We offer free shipping, returns & exchanges on all domestic orders (some exceptions apply read below)
Delivery Methods - We have them all! Shipping rates vary from UPS to USPS (ground to next day), just put this in the cart & you’ll see!
Domestic Shipping - We ship your order the same day If you order before noon (EST) Mon - Fri from Jacksonville, FL
If an order is placed after noon it will be shipped the following day. You know what they say, “The early bird gets the...delivery”
We don’t ship on our days off so if you order a bag at 12:01 pm on Friday, it will be shipped on Monday.
Shipping companies don’t work weekends either. So for example, if you choose 2 day shipping ordering on Thursday you won’t get it until Monday. Same goes with Overnight, you’ll get it the next business day.
International shipping - want to know how much it costs? Calculate by adding this bag to the cart & see our shipping rates.
Be aware of customs!! They may require additional fees before releasing your goods, these aren’t from us so we don’t know the amount. If you don’t pay the customs or broker fees, you pretty much won’t get a bag. We also can’t track the return of your bag to us nor issue credits, sorry guys.
Shipping on average takes about 2 weeks (via USPS).
Returns & Exchanges
We want your experience to be exceptional! So if you are not happy with your Kelly Moore purchase, you can return or exchange your product, in perfect condition, within 10 days of receiving your bag. We only accept returns that were purchased from the Kelly Moore Bag Website, and no other retail location.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a return. In the subject line, please include the word "return" AND your order number. In the email, please let us know why you want to return your product.
Once approved, you will need to send your bag back to the address provided. For domestic orders we will email you a shipping label and cover the shipping costs. Sorry international customers, you’ll have to cover the shipping for your return.
You should see your credit within 10 business days of receiving your return to the same card you paid with.
Please contact us at email@example.com to request an exchange. In the subject line, please include the word, "exchange" AND your order number.
Once approved, you will need to send your bag back to the address provided. For domestic orders we will email you a shipping label and cover the shipping costs. Sorry International customers, you’ll have to cover the return shipping & new shipment for your exchange.