I’m going to keep this short and sweet. This recipe is amazing. It’s delicious and you need to make it. I don’t consider myself a great cook, It’s hit or miss with me. My husband actually went to the bathroom and spit something I made into the toilet the other night. That was a miss. This recipe is a hit. After he tasted it, Kelly Boy said it was possibly the best thing I’ve ever made.
I hope you enjoy! Let me know how it turns out!
Rosemary & Date Stuffed Chicken Breast(Paleo)
Chicken Breast stuffed with Dates, Red Bell Pepper, Cream Cheese & Rosemary, then wrapped in Bacon.
Write a review
- 1lb - Chicken Breast Cut into 2 inch strips
- 6 Slices of Bacon
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 1-2 TB oil of choice(for sautéing Bell Pepper; I used Pecan Oil)
- 1/2 Cup - Coconut Aminos(it's like Soy Sauce)
- 2 TB - Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 TB - Honey
- 2 TB - Dijon Mustard
- 4-6 - Jumbo Medjool Dates
- 1 - Red Bell Pepper cut into slices
- 1 Package - Cream Cheese
- Few Sprigs of Rosemary
- - Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- - Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a large zip-lock bag
- - Cut the chicken into 2 inch wide strips, then pound out until they are about 3/4" thick
- - Add the chicken to the zip lock bag and let marinade for at least an hour in the fridge
- - While chicken is marinading, prepare the stuffing ingredients
- - Cut the dates into 3 long pieces
- - Spoon 1 tsp of cream cheese onto each slice of date
- - Cut the bell pepper into slices, and sauté in oil of choice until tender
- - Cut Bacon in 1/2
- - Once all stuffing ingredients are prepared, take out the chicken and lay flat(KEEP YOUR MARINADE!)
- - Place stuffing ingredients in the center of a piece of chicken then roll up to enclose stuffing
- - Not letting go of the chicken, wrap a piece of bacon around the outside of the chicken, then secure with a toothpick at the top
- - Place your beautiful little chicken masterpieces on a baking sheet lined with foil
- - Spoon the remainder of your marinade over the wraps
- - Bake for about 20 minutes.
- - If your bacon isn't super crispy, turn on the broiler for the last few minutes. Don't forget to check it often, the broiler has been the source of many ruined meals for me!
- - After you remove your wraps from the oven, spoon the delicious drippings from the bottom of your pan over each wrap. This is a MUST!
- -This recipe may seem intricate, but it's actually pretty easy once you get your wrapping system down. Trust me, it's TOTALLY worth it!
- -As you can see in my photo, I tried a few without bacon. They were yummy too, but the bacon is a must have! The bacon grease and the marinade pool together in the bottom of your pan to make a sauce that will make you want to slap yo mama!
- -I know cream cheese is technically not paleo, but I sneak it in a recipe every once in a while :)
Kelly Moore Blog http://kellymoorebag.com/blog/