Here I go again
Posted on Monday, August 11 2008 11:23:35 PM in Kelly Moore Bag Blog by Kelly
It’s been a really really good day. I made the conscience decision to not work today. Handsome Kel didn’t have to work, so we decided to spend the day together.
You know those days that couldn’t get any better? Here is how it went:
-I slept in
-Kelly boy and I went out and had lunch together
-came home and took a nap. Yes, a nap. I know it’s horrible! I don’t take many of them, but when I do, they are good.
-Our niece Miranda was sitting at the house with Posey all day, so we were able to enjoy Posey, but still have some “me” time.
-After our nap, we went to the park and walked.
– After that, we just spent time at home. How nice is that? If you really think about it, we are at home alot, but it’s seldom that the whole family is at home actually enjoying being at home. No agenda.
– Miranda and I thought it would be funny to straiten Posey’s hair. Very very funny. It made her look like a 45 year old house wife. I took pictures to commemorate the occasion.
– For dinner, I had a margarita. That’s just what sounded good.
– After everyone went to bed, Kel and I just sat on our ridiculously large couch and read, then we just snuggled and laughed.
– God has been doing alot in my life lately. In my last “brain dump”, you might have noticed that I made a comment saying I need to read my bible more. Well it’s not just about that. I feel like I’ve been in no man’s land spiritually for a while now. I’m not exactly sure how I even got there. Maybe it was work, maybe it was family, maybe just my selfishness? Whatever the case, It’s just amazing that as crappy as I am, God still calls me back to Himself. I never completely understood how much He loved me until Posey came along. It was the first time I could fathom unconditional love. He doesn’t love me b/c I’m good, or b/c I’m able to put a check by a long list of things that I’m supposed to be doing. He just loves me. I’m realizing how badly I need Him, His Truth, and how I need his Spirit in me to even get out of bed in the morning.
Here is the really cool thing. I don’t think it’s just me that is feeling God moving. I think He’s about to do something really big. I have no idea what, but I can’t wait to find out.
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
Sorry to ramble. I seem to always do my thinking at night.
I just sat down at the computer to blog a few of Posey’s pics from the day. I can barely look at her without my heart exploding. Nobody warned me how bad it hurts to love your child. I know that sounds cliche, but I just can’t help it!