Around the holiday season, the one thing I am immediately reminded of is the delicious smell of Monkey Bread and the sweet taste of Orange Julius smoothies on Christmas morning. I was introduced to this tradition by my husband's family several years ago, before we were even married. After we wake up in the morning and open presents, we all pitch in and help make this wonderful breakfast and enjoy each other's company. This recipe is perfect for the Holidays as an easy breakfast, dessert, or something unique to bring to your office party this year. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Let's also remember that it's easy to focus on gift giving at this time of year, but making memories with your loved ones are the "gifts" that really last forever.
This is an easy one! Start by mixing sugars
Cut your biscuit dough into quarters. Any premade biscuit dough will do or make your own from scratch!
Once your biscuits are cut dip them in the sugar mix and place in the pan. If you want to use pecans, arrange them first in the bottom (so they're on the top when you flip the pan). Keep layering the biscuit pieces until the pan is filled
For the Carmel sauce to pour on top (the best part) just use a small pan and melt butter and brown sugar and cinnamon.
Pour sauce over biscuits
Serve immediately & enjoy!!
Monkey Bread Recipe:
4 12oz cans of biscuit dough
3/4 cup of white sugar
3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 cup of pecans (optional)
1 cup of brown sugar
1 1/2 sticks of butter
3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 or 10 inch bundt pan
2. Mix the white sugar and 3/4 teaspoon of cinnamon in a bowl, then cut the biscuits into quarter pieces. Shake several biscuit pieces into the sugar mix at a time to coat them, continue until all biscuits are cut and coated.
3. If using pecans, arrange them first in the bottom of the bundt pan, followed by all the biscuit pieces until the pan is filled.
4. Make the caramel sauce: in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and remaining 3/4 tsp of cinnamon. Stir until sugar melts. Pour over the biscuits and pecans in the bundt pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until brown. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip onto a plate to serve!
For this yummy drink all the equipment you need is really a blender.
Add all the ingredients to the blender except the ice
1 6oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup of milk
1/4 cup of sugar
1 cup of water
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup ice cubes
1. Combine all ingredients except ice cubes in a blender on high speed until smooth and frothy
2. Gradually add the ice cubes while blending
3. Pour into your favorite drink-ware and enjoy!